Monday, June 28, 2010

June 25th /26th weddings

This past Friday, Marie, Mandy and I set up the flowers for Catherine and Vic 's wedding at the most beautiful Vancouver Club. What a venue! I have never seen such a classy and elegant wedding, from the creamy linens, to the gunmetal velvet loung chairs, to our stunning flowers of course, a mound of fluffy white and creams in roses, peonies and hydrangeas.


Here is the behind the scenes that most brides will never know happened. I order 215 white peonies for this wedding adn 205 white hydrangeas, and over 500 white roses. When I checked the cooler Wednedsay morning, 100 of the peonies were pink, there were only 100 white hydraangeas and half the roses were yellowy cream. I swear the entire Fraser Valley farmland was searching their farms and their friends farms and possibly even their grandmothers gardens for white peonies! We were able to get the peonies up at a huge expense from the courier companues, but there was nothing we could do about the hydrangeas and roses so we just made do.

I tell you it was a very stressful week! To top it off, I had the van all loaded, everything all timed adn ready to go, my latte in my cup holder and off we went Friday morning, early as usual to prevent the stressful pressure that comes from leaving set up's to the last minute. There was an accident on the highway and we were stuck for 45 minutes not moving. I admit that I did actually get out of the van and run up the highway to the flagperson to yell and scream that the flowers were getting hot in the van and why weren't they letting our side move when the other side had been moving for 30 minutes. I am sorry to that flagperson!

So needless to say, it is a much needed day off today, thanks to my faithful staff who support me getting some sleep and cuddling with my sweet little baby.

Catherine, if you read this, you will know the crazy story behind your flowers, if not, ignorance is bliss right!

Peace,
Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment